A luxury and contemporary home set in a unique location on a beautiful escarpment meadow, minutes from the beach, with wonderful views of the algarve coastline and pretty village of Praia da Luz. Located on the exclusive cliff top location of Monte Santo Estevao with magical views over Praia da Luz, the escarpment meadows and Algarvian coastline.
Known locally as “the floating house” the innovative design uses the contours of the land to create the impression of a single level property projecting unsupported from the hillside. The extensive use of glass further develops the idea of a ‘floating’ house.
The property has a bauhaus aesthetic with open style living, high ceilings and inside/outside design softened with wonderful use of materials and finishes. the 40 meters of continuous glass open to large terraces perched above the meadows, offering fabulous sea views from all areas of the villa. the finishing’s are stylish, comfortable & contemporary. Each of the large bedroom suites has ensuite bathrooms which are modern yet stylish – in one a freestanding bath sits in a full length window in an overhanging pod; another features a huge rainforest shower, all have stylish, contemporary fittings.
In the evening the home cinema provides entertainment with the outside dining area, private courtyard and fire pit providing areas just to relax with dinner or a bottle of wine and enjoy the night skies.
A central home control system manages lighting, security and media. All rooms have ipod docks and access to the central media library. wi-fi is available throughout the property.
as an architectural showpiece, the villa has been cleverly designed to maximize light and space. this stunning house offers five bedrooms, living areas, stylish kitchen with top appliances, private screening room & games area and a 4-car garage.
pure white lines, open floor plans and easy indoor-outdoor flow, combine with an abundance of glass for the owners to admire the ocean and countryside views. dominated by a long water mirror that borders the entrance hall, and lies between the large living room and the kitchen, the reflections of glass and sea and pool further develop the feeling of transparency and light. the touch on the landscape is minimised. accentuating the visual lightness of the building floating within its landscape.
the grounds have deliberately been left natural to reinforce the architecture and design. there is wild lavender lining the driveway and olive trees frame the house. the lower natural levels of the landscape feature wild fig, almond, pomegranate and olive trees. at the far corner is a beautiful old mulberry tree by a historic well.
• entrance hall to open living spaces. entrance through oversized glass pivot door. wood paneled wall with hidden cupboards and guest cloakroom.
• gourmet inside/outside kitchen. state of the art kitchen equipped with double wine fridges, coffee machine, 90cm oven with built in panini maker and pizza stone, induction hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher. sliding glass walls open to inner pool and onto bbq terrace.
• dining room with spectacular sunset views. features a double sided open fireplace and glass walls opening to inner pool and outside terraces.
• large reception room. stunning living space with high glass walls to 3 sides providing spectacular sea views. the windows open onto front and side terraces and also over the inner mirror pool. the room features double sided open fireplace. the 3d tv connects to central media and audio library.
• master bedroom 1. the first of two master suites opens to the central patio with a floating pod window to the rear with country and hillside views. patio windows slide back into the wall to give inside/outside feel. private walk-in wardrobe and dressing room. the ensuite bathroom includes a feature double walk-in 90cm rainforest shower.
• second master. the 2nd of the master suites opens onto a private balcony in one of the feature overhanging pods and also onto the side terrace. the room includes a fabulous feature bath in one of the overhanging pods with a full length window with open country and hillside views.
• bedrooms 3 & 4. a further two large bedroom suites open to side terrace with lovely village and sea views. each feature ensuite bathrooms with walk in rain showers.
• floating steel staircase to lower floor;
• studio suite. currently used as bedroom 5 this space could also be a family or games room. this space features a large bedroom area; lounge & dining space and private patio terrace. ensuite bathroom with rain shower.
• screening room. private cinema room fitted with reclaimed 1940’s cinema seats and equipped with a 3d cinema projection system. links to central media library and games systems.
• butlers kitchen and laundry room. on the lower level there is a second fully equipped kitchen and laundry area.
• large multiple car garage leading to pool & technical equipment room. the garage space features 8 meters of storage cupboards along the rear wall; space for up to 5 vehicles. electrically operated garage door and code lock pedestrian side door. leads to large equipment and pool room.
outside space and grounds
• the property features double saltwater swimming pools with overflow opening onto sun terraces with wonderful sea views.
• the 40 m of continues glass open to large front and side terraces.
• an interior private courtyard features wooden deck, shaded sunscreens and a wood burning firepit. at night the coloured lights make this an ideal party zone!
• there is a large sky terrace to the roof.
• driveway accessed by electronic gates with remote control and video entry.
• surrounding grounds are left natural and feature olive, fig & pomegranate trees
• air cooling and under floor heating throughout • integrated solar systems
• led lighting throughout
• integrated vacuum system
• satellite and portuguese tv channels
• home control systems with mood lighting controller
• access to central music and movie library from all tv’s in the bedrooms
• ipod/phone docks & automatic connection of visitors iphones to apple tv system in each room
• internet connection (wi-fi) throughout
• internet controlled security system including panic alarm facility.